MedStar Institute for Innovation
With the mantra “Think Differently,” the MedStar Institute for Innovation (MI2) is about creating a vibrant innovation ecosystem at MedStar in order to transform care and advance health. MI2 has distinctive centers of expertise including
- MI2’s National Center for Human Factors in Healthcare, the largest such center in the U.S., applies the scientific rigor of human factors—a discipline that optimizes systems, processes and devices to be consonant with how humans think, work and interact—to create a safer and more efficient healthcare environment.
- The MedStar Simulation Training & Education Lab (MedStar SiTEL) deploys a blended learning model of interactive online training, 3-D virtual simulation and hands-on, high-fidelity simulations for all MedStar associates.
- MI2’s Center for Digital Health and Data Science applies predictive analytics, creates information visualization and builds applications to improve performance. The Center also provides mobile applications, telehealth capabilities and access to emerging digital health technologies.
- MI2’s Center for Health Influence and Engagement teaches the art and science of Influence to encourage healthy decisions and other positive behavior changes, help establish rapport and trust with patients and colleagues, and optimize constructive communications.
- MedStar Inventor Services, which launched the Global Healthcare Innovations Alliance with Cleveland Clinic in 2011, serves to transform MedStar associates’ ideas into commercial Forges strategic alliances with complementary organizations to advance health.