Individuals with faculty appointments to the MedStar Institute for Quality and Safety join a diverse community of patient safety and healthcare quality advocates and leaders to advance the MIQS mission.
Faculty come from all walks of life, using their unique background, expertise and passion for making healthcare safer, to: reduce preventable harm, improve care outcomes, advance the science of healthcare delivery, and create a culture of healthcare transparency. MIQS faculty have the opportunity to tap into the expertise of Institute colleagues as well as other core resources of the institute, to improve care, advance scholarly work, find partners for collaboration, enhance individual knowledge and skill, and pursue research funding.
The Institute has four types of faculty appointments: core faculty, associate faculty, affiliate faculty and adjunct faculty. Appointees may take on a number of roles, including:
- Advising on MedStar Health quality and safety projects
- Contributing to program development
- Directing or teaching Institute-sponsored courses
- Serving on MedStar Health standing committees at the hospital or corporate level
- Participating in quality and safety grants and contracts led by MedStar researchers and staff level
To learn about the requirements, responsibilities and privileges associated with MIQS faculty appointments and to learn about the process for obtaining an appointment, please review these documents:
- Criteria for MedStar Institute for Quality and Safety Faculty Appointments
- MedStar Institute for Quality and Safety Faculty Appointment Procedures
- MIQS Faculty Requirements and Responsibilities at a Glance
The application process begins with the completion of the online application form below.
Please e-mail us with any questions. [email protected]